About 20 years ago, the furniture market led me to travel to the United Arab Emirates. When I was in Dubai, I visited their construction sites and I saw lots of container that created a space like a shantytown. They were made by varnished metal, and they were used for office use when the construction companies needed it and for residential use for workers who had to work there, in the dockyard.
These kind of “boxes” created in me the idea, an innovative and transversal project.
After the view of the shantytown outside the dockyards, i realized that a new container for advertising use could have been a great opportunity. I pictured it in this way in my mind: mobile and practical. Produced by eco-friendly and recycling materials with a topic inside to advertise. This one could have been visible thanks to the presence of a shop window.
Then, i decided to start to use the container in different ways, for other aims. For example, following the concept of “container as a home”. Specifically, i wanted to preserve the same structure and to furnish it to achieve the interlocutor’s goals.
Nowadays the container is been tested and is ready to be used for different purposes:
- SOCIAL HOUSING, the container as a house for everyone.
- SPACE FOR EVENTS, the container as a space to accomodate events in every square of every city.
- MOBILE APARTMENT, the container and the house concept, your house furnished as you want and positioned where you want.
- CHAMP APARTMENT, the container as a shop window, to put outside the construction dockyards. The aim is offering the client a specific view of how his furnished space will be.
- TEMPORARY OFFICE, the container as a office, your temporary office to be positioned where you want.
And what about you? How do you want your container?